Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
looking like a weeble  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

2 posters

looking like a weeble

ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 2

looking like a weeble  Empty looking like a weeble

Post by ThisOlVet Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Ok I am going to poke fun at myself. Today I went to the range and I was the only one there. So I decided to try a few things that I have not done in years. Fire from the kneeling position, prone position, laying on my back, and on each side. Well first off I am not so young anymore nor do I have the physique I use to have. So I got into the kneeling position to shoot and immediately thought to myself it might be hard getting up from here. So I went into the prone position and that was ok except having to lift my shoulders above my stomach (Still Breathe) and maintain that posture until done shooting. I then rolled over onto my back bent my knees up and spread my legs so I wouldn't shoot my foot off. I thought to myself I am so glad no one has a camera out here. I then rolled onto my side and thought ok how am I going to get up and the thought came to me "help me I am falling and I can't get up". I rolled over and right into a puddle of cold rain water. Nice I thought NOT. Ok now I am done how the heck am I going to get up. I finally got up ( I don't even want to know what that looked like) and walked over to reload. This was all good until I started to tell my story to my other half. Men Don't Do It. She has given an idea to the range. She requested to please place cameras on the ranges. She stated that she thought I would have looked like a Weeble doing the things I did on the range today. On the lighter side I didn't fall down. So Men words to the wise don't tell your wives all of your activities you do on the range.
    ThisOlVet
    GlockinGirl
    GlockinGirl
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

looking like a weeble  Empty Re: looking like a weeble

Post by GlockinGirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:25 am

Great Story Ol' Vet Razz 

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:28 pm