Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
Preferred Method of CC I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

5 posters

Preferred Method of CC

MsOakley
    MsOakley
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Preferred Method of CC Empty Preferred Method of CC

Post by MsOakley Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 pm

sunny Hello. I was hoping that some of the ladies out there might be able to offer some advice about which methods of concealed carry you prefer.
    I decided to start carrying after having to train a guy at work awhile back who had an obvious dislike for women (and a bad temper as well) and did not like being trained by a woman. He was finally fired after making rude remarks about the women he had to work with and for saying that if things got worse, he was going to bring a gun in. Not good!
    Do any of you have different preferences... say during summer and then winter as far as for comfort? Thanks.sunny 
    Stormcrow
    Stormcrow
    N00B
    N00B

Preferred Method of CC Empty Re: Preferred Method of CC

Post by Stormcrow Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I know this is a bit off topic, but... did he look okay? I mean, after his mother boiled him as a baby, he looked okay, right?

P.S. I'm going with the "boiled by my mom" thing to somehow justify his disdain/contempt/hatred/whatever.
    Preferred Method of CC 29-24
    "JJ"
    N00B
    N00B

Post by "JJ" Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Hey guys (generic term to address all) y'all should check out this video on Youtube.
    The lady (faliaphotography) has a few videos on different holsters and how they work in different attires.
    I am not allowed to post a link yet but if you do a search on Youtube for "Concealed Carry Holsters & Outfits for Women" it should pull up!

Good luck!
    MsOakley
    MsOakley
    N00B
    N00B

Post by MsOakley Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 pm

I'll have to look up that youtube page. Thanks for the information.

And to answer your question, Stormcrow, that guy looked normal other than he had the meanest looking eyes that he tried to stare you down with. Creepy. He was in his fifties I believe and still lived with his mom.
    Fondis Firearms
    Fondis Firearms
    N00B
    N00B

Post by Fondis Firearms Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm

That sounds frightening. I hope that however you decide to carry, you have sufficient training and LOTS of practice drawing and shooting from your holster in case you ever need it.

Now, back to the question... I also do both CC and OC. It really depends on where I am going and how I am dressed.

First let me tell you what I tell my students, and that is that even if OC is legal, it is not always prudent. First of all, if you happen to be present when a bad guy decides he is going to rob an establishment, you have lost your element of surprise, and you will most likely be the first target. Sad Second, in the county where I live, most people are very accepting of guns, but if I go into the city (like Aurora where the theater shooting was) there are too many soccer moms afraid of guns, and an unfortunate part of our gun culture is that we are guilty until proven innocent. I don't want to have to be subjected to that. So, with that being said, I OC in the country, and CC in the city MOST of the time.

If you don't already, I would also recommend that you keep a gun at the ready in your home. You are probably as much, if not more at risk there than anywhere else, and since you have someone who has it out for you, he could probably figure out where you live fairly easy.

Stay safe and keep us posted.
    AlaskaGirl907
    AlaskaGirl907
    N00B
    N00B

Post by AlaskaGirl907 Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 pm

I OC and CC as well and I find what works best for me is a belt style hip holster. I go no where with out my handgun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:07 am