Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
Hello from Indiana I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

Similar topics

2 posters

Hello from Indiana

marishka1510
      N00B
      N00B

Empowerment : 0

Hello from Indiana Empty Hello from Indiana

Post by marishka1510 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:13 am

Hello everyone. My name is Ana. I'm 21 and married to a wonderful man who introduced me to firearms. Although i've only been going to the range for about two years now and when we can afford it and find ammo in our area. So far i've been able to go out to the range and try out a .22, 10/22, .410, 20 ga., Glock .40, Ruger .45, and a TC Encore 260. All of this was made possible by my amazing husband who is an Air Force Vet and makes it his priority to teach others how to properly use firearms. I've discovered a new love for shooting because of his efforts to teach me. Very Happy 
      Jim_Fleming
      Jim_Fleming
      N00B
      N00B

Hello from Indiana Empty Re: Hello from Indiana

Post by Jim_Fleming Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:37 am

Welcome Ana, you're both a very lucky couple, that's for sure.

I'm Jim Fleming, and I'm all about teaching folks to reload ammunition, in fact, I'd say it's very safe to say I've taught a LOT of folks to reload.

Hey I have a gentle suggestion for y'all, if I may? Might I suggest that y'all consider learning to reload your own ammunition? It can for a fact be accomplished for less than $200 worth of equipment, and supplies, and components (as scarce as they are.) You'd be able to get at least one box of ammunition made up.

If you and hubby decide to consider it, I have a good inexpensive way for y'all to get more information and education. It's a book called ABC's of Reloading.

I'll give y'all a link to this information to you, and not badger you about it. If y'all decide to pursue this suggestion, I'm not hard to find. cyclops 

Lastly, please give your husband, (aka my Brother in Arms) my regards and thank him for Serving our Great Country.

Jim

http://www.amazon.com/The-ABCs-Of-Reloading-Definitive/dp/1440213968/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378293963&sr=8-1&keywords=abc%27s+of+reloading

marishka1510 wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Ana. I'm 21 and married to a wonderful man who introduced me to firearms. Although i've only been going to the range for about two years now and when we can afford it and find ammo in our area. So far i've been able to go out to the range and try out a .22, 10/22, .410, 20 ga., Glock .40,  Ruger .45, and a TC Encore 260. All of this was made possible by my amazing husband who is an Air Force Vet and makes it his priority to teach others how to properly use firearms. I've discovered a new love for shooting because of his efforts to teach me. Very Happy 
      marishka1510
      N00B
      N00B

Post by marishka1510 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you for the suggestion Jim. As a matter of fact my husband used to reload ammo with his ex-father in law. Sadly since my husband and I live in a small apartment, we don't have much extra room to do something like that at the moment. Once we own our own home within the next year or two, reloading ammo ourselves will be a major consideration. Thank you very much for the suggestion and link to the book though.

P.S. I passed on your thanks to my husband, his response to you was a smile and saying he was happy to serve.

Ana
      Jim_Fleming
      Jim_Fleming
      N00B
      N00B

Post by Jim_Fleming Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 am

Ana, we'll be here... No problem, at all. We'll "getcha then." Wink 

marishka1510 wrote:Thank you for the suggestion Jim. As a matter of fact my husband used to reload ammo with his ex-father in law. Sadly since my husband and I live in a small apartment, we don't have much extra room to do something like that at the moment. Once we own our own home within the next year or two, reloading ammo ourselves will be a major consideration. Thank you very much for the suggestion and link to the book though.

P.S. I passed on your thanks to my husband, his response to you was a smile and saying he was happy to serve.

Ana

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content