Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
Sprinfield XDs I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

April 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

4 posters

Sprinfield XDs

ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 2

Sprinfield XDs Empty Sprinfield XDs

Post by ThisOlVet Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 am

I must say that if you want a pistol that is small easy to shoot and packs a big punch the Springfield XDs is one you should look at. It is small enough to carry just about anywhere on your person. It is a .45 Acp pistol that is very easy to handle. I believe there are many of you ladies that might want to take a look at this one. Just because its a 45 don't let that scare you. It is very easy to manage, with surprisingly low recoil. I remember the day I first went shooting with it I had to do a double take to make sure I was shooting a 45. Don't take that last statement as fact however, it really did surprise me. I am very happy with it. It doesn't look pretty but it is very functional. I have shot literally hundreds of rounds thru it and no issues at all. The only thing that bothers me about this pistol is that it is not made in America. However, with that said there are a lot of excellent firearms made outside the U.S.
    GunPowderGal
    GunPowderGal
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Sprinfield XDs Empty Springfield XD

Post by GunPowderGal Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

I have to agree! I love my Springfield XD -9. Comfortable, easy to shoot. I take it to the range with me every time my shooting group meets and I usually let the other Gals shoot it. Usually they want want!

The new XD-S is pretty attractive for a concealed carry. Can't decide between the .9m and .45.

Squirrel Hunter
    N00B
    N00B

Sprinfield XDs Empty Re: Sprinfield XDs

Post by Squirrel Hunter Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 pm

I've got a sub-compact 9 on layaway. Haven't got to shoot it yet but it feels absolutely perfect in my hand!
    Fondis Firearms
    Fondis Firearms
    N00B
    N00B

Post by Fondis Firearms Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:59 am

This-Ol-Vet,
    I'm really glad your XDs is working out great for you.  I too own an XDs but have had nothing but trouble with mine.  I have had a couple of Springfield's, in fact my first carry gun was an XD9-SC and I absolutely loved it.  The only thing I didn't like about it was how thick it was, so when Springfield came out with the XDs, I was all over that.  I love all of the features of the XDs; it's size, weight, sights and caliber.  it is a gun to be loved, but there are manufacturing problems that Springfield so far has been unwilling to address.  There is a high percentage of customers with the XDs-.45 that are having problems with failure to return to battery causing light strikes and misfires.  I really want to love my pistol.  I have put approx. 500 rounds thru it trying to work thru it's problems, but I have given up and sent it back to Springfield.  I still want to love this gun, and if they can identify a problem and fix it, I will give it another chance, but otherwise, I am done wasting ammo in a gun that I can't trust.
    ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Post by ThisOlVet Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Well I thought I was happy..... However I just found out yesterday that I have to send mine back due to a recall. Grrrr I hate having to send any firearm back to the manufacture. One its my CCG. Two I love shooting it. Three I don't like any gun I own out of my possession. So I can empathize with you. I hope it doesn't take long to get them back. Anyway I wish you the best with your situation.
    Fondis Firearms
    Fondis Firearms
    N00B
    N00B

Post by Fondis Firearms Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:01 am

OlVet, I'm sorry you have to return a gun you like so much. I was going to post the recall notice as soon as I got it, but I didn't want to rub salt into the wounds. Have you talked to Springfield yet? They told me that they are replacing the Grip Safety and Disconnector on EVERY XDs. They didn't have parts yet, but were expecting them soon, whatever that means. They told me that since mine was already in the shop that they would keep it until they could perform the repairs, and that mine should be at the front of the line. Hopefully it will be a good gun when I get it back. I really want to love this little gem. In the mean time, I still have my good old Ruger SR9 for my EDC or my Kel-Tec PF-9 when I need a smaller gun if I am wearing shorts & t-shirt.
    ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Post by ThisOlVet Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:21 am

@Fondis, Thank you for looking out for my feelers lol. I am glad yours will be one of the first out of the shop. I am happy that Springfield is doing something about this and showing good fait. It brings respect for the product and their company. At least some will view it that way, others will probably view it differently. I choose to be happy with what they are doing before anyone gets hurt unlike the auto industry. I'm sure that you know that it's competitor(Shield) had a recall as well. I believe that was a rush to get new products to the market before they have been thoroughly tested. Which is the case with the Shield. IMHO:| Neutral 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:19 pm