Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
Teach, Coach, and Mentor! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

3 posters

Teach, Coach, and Mentor!

BushMama
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Teach, Coach, and Mentor! Empty Teach, Coach, and Mentor!

Post by BushMama Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:49 am

Here is one thing I know is true. At 52 (blech) I would not be half the woman I am without having been exposed to great women. I had the privilege of serving in the US Army for eight years. The thing that was so great about that was the constant exposure to women who lived their lives with integrity, character, and skill....and they were self assured enough to share those traits. I have been fortunate enough to have found myself in positions where I have been able to share that skill with other women. I ended up marrying a military man and he rose pretty high up in rank (CSM). Since my husband was in Special Forces, he was gone more often than he was home, as were all the guys in his unit. I'd often get phone calls from some of the younger wives who weren't dealing with the separations too well. They tended to be nervous at night and, through no fault of their own, lacked the confidence they needed to carry on with life while their husband was gone. I took many of them to the range, helped them pick out a handgun, and encouraged them to develop muscle memory with their firearm of choice. A good majority of them kept it up and I think it had a positive impact on their quality of life. Who are the women that inspire you?
    What do you do to pass that on?
    Stephanie H
    N00B
    N00B

Teach, Coach, and Mentor! Empty Re: Teach, Coach, and Mentor!

Post by Stephanie H Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Same here. My time in the US Army was a time in my life that I embraced fully and still refer back to when it comes to everyday life. Many of the skills I learned there help get me through the rough times. Integrity and character are traits that easily identify prior military. I am now actively involved with my local chapter of The Well Armed Woman and am doing my best to empower the women of my community. The women that I have met there inspire me to be a better woman, and I hope I do the same for them. I recommend to all women of this great nation to find their local chapter, get involved, and empower their communities as well. It's an amazing experience!
    BushMama
    N00B
    N00B

Post by BushMama Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Just as an aside, if you are prior military, and you served in Iraq or Afghanistan, it's important you register with the "Gulf War Registry". You never know when your time in service can result in a medical condition later on in life, many things are what is called "Presumptive Conditions". You might end up qualifying for benefits!
    Fondis Firearms
    Fondis Firearms
    N00B
    N00B

Post by Fondis Firearms Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Those are inspiring stories. I am sitting here still searching for kleenex after just having received my first letter home from Army boot camp from my daughter. She is doing very well, and I am SOOOOO proud of her. I love you 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 04, 2024 6:03 am