Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

2 posters

If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started!

Jim_Fleming
    Jim_Fleming
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! Empty If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started!

Post by Jim_Fleming Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:27 am

Hi there, folks. A lot of you are interested in training that's a fact. But buying lots of ammo for training isn't cheap... How do you cut costs, without cutting corners or quality?

Answer: Save your brass, and reload it!!! It's a fact that you can get started reloading at today's prices (27 Aug 13) for less than one hundred fifty (yes I said less than, $150) dollars.

I've been reloading a long time, and have a lot of experience, know how, and contacts when it comes to reloading ammo. I got started reloading for the same reason 95% of folks do. I wanted to shoot more, but couldn't afford to spend more money.

If you have questions? Please ask? I'm serious when I say... "When it comes to guns, safety and reloading? The only dumb question is the one you're too afraid to ask!!!" I don't want anyone getting offended, but if you're serious, just ask, we'll treat you fair, and well, and give you straight upfront, and honest answers. And if I don't know the answer to your question, I'll tell you straight up. I don't know, but I'd betcha a lot of money, I can find the answer.

cyclops 
    ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 2

If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! Empty Re: If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started!

Post by ThisOlVet Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello Jim, I am new to reloading. I have a lee press and want to reload 10 mm,45 auto, 9 mm, 40 cal, and .223. The press I have should do all of the above However, setup is a bitch. I have watched videos and such but still fine tuning it is difficult. Anyway the question I have is can I use one powder for all calibers or do I have to get different types for each. I hear so many different views and the book I have seems to just want to sell you everything. So what is your view? I have in my possession Unique and it seemed to work well on 45 auto. Should I use it on my other calibers and do you have any formulas that work best for each of those calibers?
    ThisOlVet
    ThisOlVet
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 2

If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started! Empty Re: If you're interested in reloading your ammunition, to save training costs? Here's where you get started!

Post by ThisOlVet Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

P.S. I am James.
    Jim_Fleming
    Jim_Fleming
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Post by Jim_Fleming Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 am

James, nicely written question, sir...

The simple answer is yes you can in fact use your Unique for reloading ALL of your handgun powders, that you've listed. I also use it for 357 and 44 Magnums.

But (speaking on a general basis) no sir, you should NOT use it for your .223 Remington firearms. One of the most popular and recommended powders is a smokeless gunpowder named Varget. No sir, I haven't used it, ever. But I know there is an absolute plethora of reloading data for .223 Rem and Varget.

To address your question that you've asked me for a "recipe" as to what I like in the calibers you've listed: Rather than giving you an exact recipe of say:

x.x grains of Unique
    200 gr Cast Semi-Wadcutter
    Remington Brass
    Remington LPP

Let me merely recommend sticking with published data, sir. Stick with that, work up your loads safely, and you shouldn't ever go wrong.

Jim

ThisOlVet wrote:Hello Jim, I am new to reloading. I have a lee press and want to reload 10 mm,45 auto, 9 mm, 40 cal, and .223. The press I have should do all of the above However, setup is a bitch. I have watched videos and such but still fine tuning it is difficult. Anyway the question I have is can I use one powder for all calibers or do I have to get different types for each. I hear so many different views and the book I have seems to just want to sell you everything. So what is your view? I have in my possession Unique and it seemed to work well on 45 auto. Should I use it on my other calibers and do you have any formulas that work best for each of those calibers?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm