Girls of Fire

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girls of Fire is an organization for women who enjoy firearms and shooting sports, whether it be for the purpose of hunting, entertainment or personal protection. We are dedicated to the education, support and empowerment of women. We are staunchly Pro2A!

Keywords

Latest topics

» Update on Girls of Fire
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:53 pm by Jim_Fleming

» Where'd the postman hide today??
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:15 pm by Kimber

» 100 Days of Giveaways Contest Winners!
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:20 pm by princesslambeth

» This photo of my G22
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:12 pm by ReLoad

» Hello from MsOakley
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm by princesslambeth

» Giveaway Day 13!
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:35 am by Twsledge

» Crossfire Arms, LLC
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:35 pm by Crossfire Arms

» We have our first snow of the season
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 3:18 pm by "JJ"

» Checking in from Indiana
Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:52 am by marishka1510

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates

free forum

2 posters

Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently...

2AMom4Life
    2AMom4Life
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... Empty Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently...

Post by 2AMom4Life Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

I am so happy to be on the ground floor of the Girls of Fire discussion forums. I hope each and every one of you will find this to be a passionate, safe place to discuss everything related to firearms.

I use my Facebook page to discuss a lot of topics and I always hope for positive, informed discussions without personal attacks. I recently found myself, for the first time, in a position to defend my feelings about the Second Amendment and the rights that go with it. Here is my response.

For many, many years, this country has been founded on a document called the Constitution of the United States of America. Within the Constitution are Amendments as our forefathers have seen fit to add. One of those Amendments is the Second Amendment which reads as passed by Congress and preserved in the National Archives, “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

For many, many years, as our country’s history book show us, CRIME (defined as an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law) has been committed with firearms. Here is the things about crime with firearms…restricting firearm ownership and usage from responsible, level-headed, trained, respectful citizens is NOT going to prevent firearms CRIMES because CRIMINALS (defined as a person who has committed a crime) DO NOT obey the laws. That is why we call these offenses CRIMES and those committing them CRIMINALS.

I have respect for one’s right to choose not to own a firearm. However, by being a trained, law-abiding owner of firearms, I do not in any way infringe upon your right to make the choice of not owning a firearm, nor does any other trained, law-abiding citizen that owns a firearm infringe upon your rights. I, however, do not have respect for opinions that cannot be logically and intelligently defended. One can quote Fox News (lousy source) of crimes that have been committed resulting in death(s) of individuals all they want to. That does not make this person an educated consumer or informed citizen.

One can stand on a soap box of saying “I don’t like guns” or “I’m afraid of guns” but that is not a logical reason, to me, to have inflammatory reasons for not owning a firearm or being disrespectful to those that chose to rally for the Second Amendment and the rights that it gives to residents of the United States of America.

One can reference the numerous CRIMINAL mass shootings that have taken place over the last 50 years. The availability of weapons (any kind of weapon) and firearms does not make a difference to a disturbed criminal whom is intent on taking innocent lives. Yes, I am saying that the availability of the weapon, the magazine capability, how many magazines the criminal has in their possession…none of it matters. What will have a direct effect on the outcome of that criminal’s intention is dutiful, observant, confident, trained citizens who do not have a problem drawing down on a criminal to prevent the commission of a crime that either is or will result(ing) in the loss of life or limb of innocent people. If the government chooses to pass legislation for additional gun control, the only people that it will have an adverse impact on are the law-abiding citizens that shoot for recreation, sport and protection.
    GlockinGirl
    GlockinGirl
    N00B
    N00B

Empowerment : 0

Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently... Empty Re: Surprisingly enough, recently found myself in defensive mode recently...

Post by GlockinGirl Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Very thoughtfully written. Smile

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:45 pm